VMware (VMW) announced the release of several new cloud management offerings and an update to vRealize Suite 6, including vRealize Code Stream 1.0, a new solution designed to accelerate application releases.
Code Stream 1.0 promises to streamline development and DevOps processes by automating the software release process, according to the announcement. The solution also allows developers to track artifacts and reinforce policy across release stages, while the bundled JFrog Artifactory software allows users to easily manage development environments.
In addition to Code Stream, VMware’s updated cloud management solutions include:
- VMware vRealize Suite 6 - Cloud management platform built to manage hybrid clouds
- VMware vRealize Operations 6.0 (formerly VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite) - Open platform that provides visibility across applications, network and storage devices in a single console
- VMware vRealize Business 6.0 Standard (formerly VMware IT Business Management Suite Standard Edition) - Empowers infrastructure and operations teams with new functionality essential for managing a hybrid cloud, including pricing analysis, showback/chargeback and budgeting for infrastructure services out of the box
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2 (formerly VMware vCloud Automation Center) - Introduces increased product integration and shared services with VMware vRealize Operations to help administrators improve resource usage and facilitate capital savings
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 2.5 (formerly VMware vCenter Log Insight) - Features enhanced integration with VMware vRealize Operations to help organizations to improve overall IT performance and avoid disruptions by combining and analyzing both structured and unstructured data for end-to-end operations management
Additionally, VMware announced that it will begin listing developer content on the VMware Solution Exchange, including community content related to vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations and vRealize Orchestrator. Previously, only VMware Technology Alliance Program partners and customers were able to post on the Solution Exchange.
Three new training courses will also be available both online and in-classroom to accompany the launch of the new solutions, including courses for vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Business and vRealize Orchestrator for vRealize Automation Fundamentals. New solutions can be demoed via the VMware Hands-On Labs Online.