Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, June 8
The Ingram Micro Cloud Summit has wrapped. Now the MSPmentor editorial team is preparing for next week’s (1) Asigra Cloud Backup Summit, (2) Autotask Community Live, (3) LabTech Automation Nation and (4) Dell Storage Forum. But before we race off to those managed services and cloud services events, here are seven blogs and MSP news stories the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending June 8, 2012.
6. Offering Clarity: Promys, which develops PSA software, has been certified by the Technology Evaluation Center. The TEC certification gives prospective customers an objective way to quantitatively see the specific differences between Promys and other vendors’ offerings, the company says.
5. GFI Software Move: GFI Software has expanded the GFI OEM Partner Program. The program now allows technology vendors to integrate GFI’s entire security and network management solutions portfolio into their products and services, or to rebrand as their own stand-alone offerings.
4. More API Moves: Tigerpaw Software, which develops business automation and PSA software, has released an expanded Application Program Interface (API). The move, Tigerpaw claims, will bolster integrations with third-party software platforms. Within the MSP market, most of the major software companies promote APIs for cross-platform integration.
3. Managed Backup Services: Datalink (Nasdaq: DTLK) has launcehd a managed backup service enabling data centers to outsource time-consuming activities to Datalink’s dedicated managed backup staff. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Managed Services and RMM Software Scripting: Plenty of MSPs write software scripts to help automate their managed services business practices. But scripting with RMM (remote monitoring and management) software can be really complicated. And you can lose all of your business knowledge if your scripting expert leaves your company. What’s the solution? N-able CEO Gavin Garbutt claims to have found it. I’ll share more thoughts in a few days.
1. Top 250 Managed Services Experts: Don’t forget to participate in our fifth-annual MSPmentor 250 survey, which identifies the world’s top managed services experts, executives, entrepreneurs, community leaders and coaches. Deadline for participation is July 27. Yes, you can nominate yourself. Only one submission required (no need to stuff the ballot box). Participate here: http://www.mspmentor.net/nominations
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading MSPmentor. We appreciate you stopping by.