Seven Managed Services Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Aug. 3
The CompTIA Breakaway conference has wrapped up. Next, we’ve got our eyes on VMworld. In the meantime, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news tips that the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending Aug. 3, 2012.
7. Big Deal: Pamlico Capital has invested in TekLinks, one of the world’s top managed services providers, cloud services providers and VARs. I’ve had the details for a few days but planes, trains and automobiles pulled me away from this one. More thoughts — a lot more — soon on this.
6. Eyes Wide Open: Channel Eyes Co-founders Bob Godgart and Jay McBain networked heavily at Breakaway. New developments coming — potentially in the mobile market? McBain and I traded texts and we plan to catch up soon.
5. PR Machine: Ulistic founder Stuart Crawford hits my inbox every few days with a new MSP-related piece of news. The latest involves Ulistic’s own expansion into the UK and Jamaica. Memo to Crawford: Let me know if a Jamaica site visit might be required anytime soon…
4. Busted: My 13-year-old son recently moved his SIM card from a dumb phone into my old iPhone. Now, AT&T is calling to let him know his old dumb phone charges will be upgraded to include iPhone data fees. Anybody else remember when kids didn’t carry cell phones?
3. Doyenz – Stay Tuned: Doyenz Founder Ashutosh Tiwary recently confirmed layoffs at the cloud-based disaster recovery company. So what’s the update? I won’t speculate. Instead. MSPmentor is scheduled to speak with Tiwary the week of Aug. 6.
2. Great Customer Experience: I flew Virgin America for the Breakaway trip (New York/JFK – Las Vegas route). Every seat has power to charge up smart phones, latops and tablets. And GoGo Wireless Internet Service was too good to pass up. Remind me: Why don’t other airlines offer the top two business requirements these days — power and broadband?
1. IBM Moves Coming: Big Blue this fall will provide several mid-market updates to managed services providers (MSPs). An event in New York apparently will include MSPAlliance CEO Charles Weaver. More details soon…
That’s all for now — though, it’s safe to expect some surprise content on MSPmentor over the next few days. Plus, the fifth-annual MSPmentor 250 list debuts later this month. A big, big, big portion of that list will feature new names that we’ve never profiled before.