Qualys Launches Next-Generation Security-as-a-Service Platform
Here’s a cloud dispatch from the RSA Conference this week: Qualys has launched a next-generation security-as-a-service platform, bringing compliance and threat defense QualysGuard solutions to cloud service providers. Partners and customers get an enhanced UI on top of a better backend and an injection of open source technology tying together their complete security solutions, the company claims.
Qualys is promoting the new interface as “Web 2.0,” which just means that it’s Java-backed and prettier to look at. More meaningfully, the press release contains details like the new Qualys cloud platform uses Terracotta for web-scale application clustering and SOAP and REST-based APIs for high-volume app integration.
Here’s the list of the benefits of the new Qualys platform, taken directly from that same press release:
- New UI with dynamic and interactive interfaces, wizards and new report templates to present scan data with wide range of presentation options to match users’ needs
- New customizable template-driven reporting engine outputs reports in a variety of formats (csv, doc, xls, pdf, xml, ppt) based on users’ criteria.
- Fast searching of several extensive Qualys data sets, including scan results, asset data, scan profiles, users, vulnerabilities and more.
- Patent-pending technology for hierarchical dynamic asset tagging and role-based user access.
- Dynamic distribution of scans on multiple scanners based on availability and load to optimize scanning of large networks, drastically reducing the overall scan time required to complete large scan jobs.
- Virtualized scanning platform for enterprises, consultants and cloud-based environments.
There’s a lot more cloud buzz being generated at RSA – that’s not even all Qualys announced. Expect a roundup from TalkinCloud soon.