Attachmate's NetIQ division, which develops management software, has released NetIQ Cloud Manager 2.o. NetIQ hopes MSPs will embrace the software to managed Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) more efficiently.
Here's a list of the Cloud Manager's new features:
- A multi-tenant environment that gives MSPs a faster, automated service delivery platform to help eliminate support calls for IT service providers.
- A self-service and business work-flow for application architects and IT consumers to browse and modify new business services so that they can find out exactly what those services will cost before purchasing them.
- Web and mobile iOS support so that MSPs can managed cloud environments from any where, at any time.
- Integration between Cloud Manager 2.0 and IT infrastructures like VMware vSphere, Linux Enterprise Servers, Citrix XenServers and Microsoft Hyper-V
- The ability to scale and manage more than 100,000 workloads.
NetIQ's partner ecosystem includes more than 600 MSPs and resellers that serve over 12,000 business customers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The release arrives roughly one year after NetIQ gained identity and security management solutions from Novell, which Attachmate acquired.