MSP Mergers, Acquisitions: Chapman Associates Offers Guidance
Add Chapman Associates to the list of M&A advisory firms that assist managed services providers (MSPs) with mergers and acquisitions. Launched in 1954, Chapman Associates claims to have managed more than 2,300 company sales. Among its most recent deals: ConvergeOne's acquisition of G3 Technology Partners, notes Managing Director Cristian Anastasiu. Here's the update.
On board since 2003, Anastasiu previously was CEO of Brain North America. Earlier, he was director of worldwide sales operations at Cisco Systems, as well as a sales manager within Cisco's financial services business.
Anastasiu says Chapman Associates focuses on mid-market M&A opportunities, including IT services deals for the past eight-plus years. The company also manages cross-border M&A deals, primarily with Western European and Indian buyers and sellers. “We currently have several sell and buy side mandates in this space,” he added.
MSPmentor does not directly endorse any particular MSP M&A consulting firm since we don't leverage their services. But we track multiple players in the market — including:
- 4-Profit, which consults on some larger VAR and IT solution provider deals.
- Cogent Growth Partners assists many buy-side MSPs with acquisitions and longer-term integration efforts.
- Foros, a financial services firm, advised on Presidio’s buyout of BlueWater Communications Group (a top Cisco channel partner) in 2012.
- Generational Capital Markets, Inc., which advised WaveTwo on the sale to All Covered.
- Law Office of Bradley Gross.
- Leon, Mayer & Co, which advised Compuquip’s MSP business sale to All Covered.
- Martin Wolf Securities has focused mainly on VAR and IT solution provider deals.
- Service Leadership Inc., led by Paul Dippell, helps MSPs to maximize their valuations.
- TUC Capital, a division of TUC Brands that funds MSP buyouts.
- Weaver & Associates is a boutique M&A advisor, led by MSPAlliance Founder Charles Weaver.
Are there additional financial advisors helping MSPs with their M&A moves? I’m still all ears. Post a comment or send an email, joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com.