MobileIron, a mobile device management (MDM) specialist, claims its Connected Cloud platform can now integrate with an enterprise's existing security infrastructure in less than a hour. We're curious to see how MobileIron backs up that claim as customers seek to manage smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
The Connected Cloud platform apparently is multi-tenant by design, suggesting that multiple companies can set up their own MDM instances without bumping into one another. MobileIron claims its cloud platform can address:
- Apple iOS and Google Android mobile environments;
- encryption policies;
- password enforcement;
- remote lock and wipe;
- app inventory, distribution and blacklist capabilities;
- real-time, permission-based remote control;
- Access control and ActiveSync connection activity;
- certificate distribution;
- group-based actions and audit trails; and
- lost device recovery, through location and mapping services.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.