ManageEngine Releases Password Management Software for MSPs
Protection against IT security threats has always been an arms race, and now IT management platform company ManageEngine (a division of Zoho ) has added a new defensive weapon, a password management tool.
Protection against IT security threats has always been an arms race, and now IT management platform company ManageEngine (a division of Zoho ) has added a new defensive weapon. The company has launched a password management solution to help protect customers from being victims of cyber crimes. Here’s the rundown.
ManageEngine launched a beta of the company’s password management software Password Manager Pro to offer MSPs a way to centrally manage the privileged passwords of their customers through an automated, policy-driven approach. The solution provides MSPs with the ability to manage separate customer accounts from a single management console. Passwords can be exchanged between MSP administrators and their customers.
MSPs can leverage the following features with ManageEngine Password Manager Pro:
- Mobile access — Secure retrieval of privileged passwords and approval of access requests on the go from mobile phones.
- AD/LDAP Integration – Users or user groups can be imported from Windows Active Directory or LDAP from the customer network and the authentication mechanism leveraged;
- First-in-class remote login — MSPs can launch highly secure, reliable and completely emulated Windows RDP, SSH and Telnet sessions from a browser without any plug-in or agent software;
- Privileged session recording — Privileged sessions launched from the product can be video recorded, archived and played back for forensic audits;
- Real-time alerts — Real-time alerts are generated by password events enabling integration with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions; and
- High availability architecture — Uninterrupted access to enterprise passwords through the deployment of redundant server and database instances.
“Identity theft often lies at the root of modern-day cyber-attacks,” said ManageEngine Director of Product Management Rajesh Ganesan. “Cyber-criminals are increasingly targeting login credentials of employees and administrator passwords to gain access to IT resources through various techniques. Since MSPs manage the IT infrastructure for many clients, the risk level is very high, and they are looking for a secure and reliable solution for privileged password management.”
The ManageEngine Password Manager Pro MSP Edition (Beta) is available immediately and can be downloaded from the company’s website. The production version will soon be generally available along with pricing details.