Managed Services: Seven Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, May 18
Our editorial team is looking forward to a restful weekend. But before we seek a little rest and relaxation, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news stories the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending May 18, 2012.
6. Beyond Hosted Exchange: Former Intermedia Chief Marketing Officer Manlio Carrelli is now CEO of KeKu, a VoIP startup that sounds a little like Skype and Rebtel — though KeKu promotes “simple, cheap international calls — from any phone.”
5. Going Vertical?: Need help navigating vertical market opportunities? Want to better understand your vertical market customers? Check out vertical market our sister sites within the Penton Media family. Examples include: American City and County (government with plenty of IT mixed in); Nation’s Restaurant News (hospitality); Supermarket News (retail). I’ll share more thoughts soon.
4. Cloud Storage Layoffs?: Rumors swirling. Checking.
3. Growth Mode: GFI Software, promoter of the GFI Max software platforms for MSPs, will surpass about 6,000 customers in the next few weeks, up from 5,000 at the end of 2011, according to General Manager Alistair Forbes.
2. Top 100 Cloud Services Providers (CSPs): Did you miss the list? The Top 100 Cloud Services Providers like (aka Talkin’ Cloud 100 is here). Yes, some MSP businesses pushing into cloud computing made the list. But if you want a look at how Google Apps, Office 365 and other channel partners are building their cloud practices, take a closer look at the Top 100 CSP list.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading MSPmentor and joining in the conversation.