Managed Services Merger: MBCSolutions, Britec Pursue Canada
Say hello to this year’s fourteenth managed services merger or acquisition. This time it’s MBCSolutions merging with Britec Computer Systems — an accounting software specialist. The deal creates a growing Canadian MSP with deep Dell, Microsoft, Sage Software expertise.
I’m double-checking but I believe the combined company will be called Britec. The firm will operate seven district offices across Canada, including locations in Toronto, London, Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. It sounds like Britec will combine application expertise (business intelligence, customer relationship management) with managed network services such as email spam filtering.
Britec President Roger Katarey will retain his position. Meanwhile, MBC Solutions veteran John McDonald will join Britec as the district manager – London District. Marvin Bos will join Britec as a Senior Consultant – ERP & HRMS Systems.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
As I said, this is the fourteenth managed services-related merger or acquisition MSPmentor has spotted so far in 2011. Other deals have included:
- Trivalent Group acquired Innovative Software Strategies
- eCommerce Industries acquired FMAudit for managed print services expertise
- Peak Uptime acquired eMonarch
- mindSHIFT acquired ORBIT
- Carousel acquired OmniPresence
- Fraser Advanced Information Systems purchased PennLantic Corp.
- Ancero acquired Integrated Network Consulting Inc.
- Netgain acquired DLP Technologies
- Microholdings US acquired ConnectIT Networks Inc.
- Konica Minolta acquired All Covered, a national MSP that plans continued acquisitions
- Printelligent acquired DirectPointe’s managed print services business
- Fully Managed acquired HIT Business Solutions as part of a Canadian expansion plan
- mindSHIFT acquired Alpheon
Also of note: DirectPointe, based in Utah, has put its $8.2 million managed services provider business up for sale, MSPmentor learned. MSPmentor is still trying to determine if DirectPointe has received any bids for the MSP practice.
Additional reporting by Joe Panettieri. Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook, Identi.ca and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.