Managed Services: 7 Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Feb. 24
It’s nearly time for the MSPmentor team to get back on the road for the week of Feb. 27. But before we head to the airport to attend IBM PartnerWorld and Cisco Partner Velocity, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news stories the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending February 24, 2012.
7. ConnectWise Capital: I keep yapping and dropping hints that MSPmentor has updates to share. Perhaps this coming week I’ll finally close the loop on this.
6. About that Interview: I’ve still got to organize my notes from a recent interview with All Covered CEO Todd Croteau. I think Croteau sees the opportunity to make three to four additional managed services provider (MSP) acquisitions in the next few months…
5. BDR Meets Microsoft’s Cloud: CA Technologies last week unveiled CA ARCserve D2D On Demand. It combines on-premise backup and recovery with the Windows Azure cloud service. Windows Azure hosts a small but growing number of MSP-centric cloud services. Another example involves Quosal, a quoting and sales proposal software package that has some cloud services on Azure.
4. Top 50 Cloud Services Providers: A few readers have asked me to describe the difference between our MSPmentor 100 report and our second-annual Talkin’ Cloud 50 Survey, which runs through April 27. The MSPmentor 100 leans heavily on remote monitoring services for customers’ on-premise IT systems. The Talkin’ Cloud 50 focuses far more heavily on revenues from (A) hosted and cloud services and/or (B) project revenues from on-premises private cloud deployments. Some MSPmentor 100 companies landed on last year’s Talkin’ Cloud 50 list. We expect that trend to continue since many MSPs have thriving cloud businesses.
3. Worth Attending: I’m heading out to Cisco Partner Velocity Conference 2012 on Feb. 28. I won’t hear a single product pitch during the conference. Instead, the event is designed to help VARs and MSPs with marketing strategies. If you’re a Cisco partner, find a way to get your invite for the 2013 conference; it’s a high-value event. And if you’re attending the 2012 event give me a shout (joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com).
2. Two Strategic Wins?: The grapevine says Live Virtual Help Desk apparently is building relationships with Arrow (the distributor) and ThinkGrid (the cloud company) and perhaps even NetEnrich (the network operations center specialist). Once I’m back in the office I’ll give the tea leaves a closer read…
1. IBM PartnerWorld: We expect IBM to make several managed services moves at this week’s PartnerWorld conference in New Orleans. And yes, MSPmentor will be on hand with live analysis of the news.
That’s all for now. Thanks for your continued readership. And don’t be shy. Got questions about the managed services market? Just email me: joe [at] NineLivesMediaInc [dot] com.