Managed Services: 7 Blogs MSPmentor Didn’t Write, Dec. 2
Our editorial team spent time this week at ADTRAN (where some managed services surprises emerged) and the CloudBeat conference — where Google made some strong channel statements. Amid our team travels, here are seven managed services blogs and MSP news tips the MSPmentor team didn’t have a chance to write for the week ending Dec. 2, 2011.
7. European Moves: In addition to opening a European office this year, it looks like Autotask is building a close relationship with Synaxon, which claims to be Europe’s largest group of independent IT dealers and system houses.
6. Speaking of Europe: Roughly 15 percent of MSPmentor 100 survey participants are located in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). But we’d like to see that figure rise. Fill out the MSPmentor 100 survey by Dec. 23, 2011 and your company could land in the spotlight as one of the world’s top MSPs. The survey is open to MSPs worldwide.
5. And While You’re At It: After filling out the MSPmentor 100 survey, jump over to our emerging list of the Top 100 Channel Partner Conferences of 2012. Feedback and suggestions are welcome; we’ll publish the final list later this month.
4. Making Deals Happen: When NOC provider NetEnrich partnered up with VaultLogix, the online backup provider, the chatter included VaultLogix VP of Business Development Zak Karsan. He’s a familiar face at many MSP events — a road warrior, to be sure. And definitely a point person for those who are looking for guidance on VaultLogix’s partner program.
3. Apple Managed Services, Part II: Forget Computers, the Apple-centric managed services provider, has introduced a new product family aimed exclusively at IT professionals. It’s called RobotCloud — a 24×7 system “robot” that automatically manages Mac and iOS devices. We’ll be reaching out to Ben Greiner of Forget Computers for more details.
2. Court Case: The bond default case between Zenith Infotech and investors continues to navigate the Bombay High Court. The court directed Zenith Infotech to reveal details about the recent Zenith RMM sale to Summit Partners. When details were given to the court, there were differences between Zenith Infotech’s annual report to shareholders and the data shared with the court, according to bondholder representatives, the Financial Times of India reported Dec. 2. Meanwhile, Zenith Infotech continues to accelerate its global business expansion.
1. Nearing Commercial Launch?: As MSPmentor has mentioned, the Cisco OnPlus Service is a cloud-based service that allows MSPs to access customers’ networks from anywhere to discover, monitor, and manage networked devices, Cisco claims. I don’t believe the Cisco OnPlus Service has been “officially” launched, but it sounds like an official announcement could be approaching. And in the meantime, many MSPs that participate in HTG Peer Groups are testing the server.
That’s all for now. But our team remains online to track the news and chatter that emerges. Thanks for your time and readership.