LogMeIn Central Gains Anti-Virus Management for MSPs
LogMeIn Central now has integrated support for Symantec Norton, Kaspersky Lab, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials and other major anti-virus engines. The news, which MSPmentor had been expecting, is LogMeIn’s (NASDAQ: LOGM) latest step to work more closely with managed services providers (MSPs) that want a single dashboard for total IT support.
According to a prepared statement, LogMeIn’s new Anti-Virus Management feature lets MSPs:
- Verify anti-virus software is installed and enabled on remote PCs and servers
- Check virus definitions and update if necessary
- Confirm real-time protection is on and turn on if needed
- See last full scan time and initiate full scan if needed
- View a threat log with viruses found on remote computers
- Secure PCs and servers running Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008.
LogMeIn has also delivered new versions of LogMeIn Rescue and BoldChat. The company claims the upgrades can help
MSPs to boost customer satisfaction through fast, effective engagement, service, and support across multiple mobile and online channels.
LogMeIn’s focus on MSPs has grown steadily sharper in recent months. The company also has a business relationship with Continuum. Indeed, Continuum — which offers RMM (remote monitoring and management) software and NOC (network operations center) services — allows MSPs to license LogMeIn’s software as part of a broader services portfolio.