LiveOffice Launches Compliance and E-Discovery for Office 365
LiveOffice, which specializes in e-mail archiving and continuity services, has launched compliance and e-discovery value-added services for the Exchange Online and SharePoint Online offerings at the core of the just-launched Microsoft Office 365 cloud productivity suite. The company is hyping itself as the only archiving provider that can ensure organizations with strict regulatory compliance needs can move to Microsoft’s new cloud.
As far as value proposition, LiveOffice said its offering integrates with Office 365 to the extent that it can “automatically synchronize users, e-mail addresses and distribution list members.” Messages are stored in a third-party cloud, according to the press release, and LiveOffice offers a Windows Phone 7 app to ensure archiving rules are also applied to on-the-go messages. Basically, it’s a next-generation version of the offering LiveOffice already sold to Microsoft BPOS customers.
Basically, LiveOffice is selling this archiving solution for customers facing five kinds of use-cases:
- Organizations that have to abide by SEC, HIPAA or similar regulatory compliance restrictions by keeping data for certain time periods;
- Law firms and other legal industry businesses that have need of case management workflow with E-Discovery;
- Companies that need to move sensitive data from on-premises archiving solutions into Microsoft Office 365;
- Users looking for business continuity and data protection; and
- Administrators looking for business intelligence, thanks to LiveOffice’s reporting tools.
The LiveOffice offering is based on a per user per month model for unlimited storage, and the company works out the cost based on the size of the organization. If this sounds intriguing, LiveOffice does have a partner program.