LabTech Unveils Multi-Vendor Backup Dashboard
Remote monitoring and management (RMM) provider LabTech Software has unveiled a multi-vendor backup dashboard to help make it easier for managed service providers to manage customer environments when they include technologies from multiple vendors. The new dashboard puts it all on a single pane of glass for centralized management for data protection environments.
LabTech has accomplished this by integrating with a handful of backup vendors including StorageCraft, CA, Acronis, AppAssure and Doyenz, the company told me. But it promised that all vendors would be supported and added in as relationships are established.
Here’s a list, straight from LabTech, of the benefits of the dashboard:
- Manage a multi-vendor data protection environment, and gain visibility into the entire image backup process from a single dashboard
- Monitor backup job status in real time, enabling immediate response to failure alerts in order to minimize the risk of data loss
- Perform on-demand actions such as disable, enable, create, edit, delete, start or cancel backup jobs
- Deploy backup agents remotely to systems without having to visit each machine individually
- Globally select and manage different vendor backups as part of a single operation using a multi-vendor intelligent parser
LabTech CEO Matt Nachtrab points out that being successful as an MSP requires ever greater levels of integration, automation and service capability, and that’s why the company rolled out this dashboard.
LabTech 2012 debuted in April with new support for mobile device management and a faster out-of-the-box deployment experience that LabTech calls Ignite.