iPhone 5 and iOS 6: MDM Vendors Pledge Support
On Friday, MSPmentor reported vendors ahead of the pack in announcing mobile device management (MDM) support for Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 5 and iOS 6. With many U.S. stores already sold out of Apple’s new device, managed services providers (MSPs) will need to make sure their MDM platform is ready for these solutions as soon as possible. We are sure many more solutions will soon follow, but here is our updated list at the moment, including vendors that announced last week.
The following have announced support for Apple’s new solutions:
- IBM Endpoint Manager announced same-day support last Wednesday for the new Apple iOS6 release. New additions to solution includes the ability to configure a profile to automatically be removed at a specified date, disable passbook while device is locked, disable game center, and lock the device to a single application.
- AirWatch announced same-day support for iPads and iPhones running iOS 6 last week. The company’s update enables IT managers to disable the home button, iMessage, Game Center and iBookstore, or lock-down devices to using just one app. In addition, the update provides administrators with the ability to force all network traffic via a global HTTP proxy and to control user profiles.
- Amtel recently released its latest MDM platform to assist customers with mass deployment at enterprises managing both corporate-owned and user-owned devices. The company’s solution was held until the release of iOS 6 to assist MSPs with managing a sudden influx of new devices.
- BoxTone appears to be among the first MDM companies to announce support iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The company has also designed a partner program for MSPs to assist customers with BYOD.
- Fiberlink offered its MaaS360 customers instant access to new features to support the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 a few days ago. The company says that its solution is different from other MDM solutions primarily due to the fact that other companies require their customers to plan maintenance outage windows and manually update servers.
- SOTI Inc. recently offered support for Apple’s new iPhone 5 and iOS 6 devices for its MobiControl solution. MobiControl enables organizations to manage iPhone 5 and iOS 6 devices, application deployments and device usage based on pre-defined enterprise policies.
Let us know in the comments if there are any vendors we missed on this list who have already announced support for iPhone 5. Stay tuned to MSPmentor for more coverage of iPhone 5, MDM vendors that support it and how it will impact businesses.