As Hurricane Sandy smashes into the U.S. East Coast, how are managed services providers (MSPs) cloud services providers (CSPs) coping with the storm? Stay tuned to this blog entry for hour-by-hour updates, highlighting backup, disaster recovery and IT services content from across MSPmentor, Talkin' Cloud and The VAR Guy.
Among our coverage so far:
- Hurricane Sandy: Another Disaster Recovery at Starbucks: Includes an emergency checklist from Mike Semel, chief compliance officer at Semel Consulting.
- Sungard Availability Services on High Alert: Includes Twitter handle worth following plus storm damage estimates.
- IBM MSP Influencer Forum Canceled
- Hurricane Sandy vs. Cloud Backup, Disaster Recovery (BDR) MSPs: Most MSPs with customers on the East Coast spent the weekend double-checking the status of customers' data, and backing up the data to off-premise cloud servers.
- Hurricane Sandy buts Spotlight on Cloud-based Data Storage: The cloud computing skeptics may still think keeping data locked away within the four walls of a business is the best way to protect data, but as Hurricane Sandy continues up the Eastern Seaboard, the best place to store data may very well be the cloud.