Generally speaking, many of Hewlett-Packard's managed print services announcements over the past few years have involved enterprise initiatives and direct sales engagements. But now, HP is finally making a more vocal managed print services partner push. Indeed, the HP Partner Managed Print Services effort is designed to help SMBs lower internal costs and better manage workflow. The announcement surfaced at the HP Global Imaging and Printing Conference in Shanghai, China. It arrived the same day that Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. added the PaperCut MF solution to its managed document services portfolio.
HP is trying to help channel partners identify the right size of MPS solution for specific SMB engagements. To that end, HP will deliver training and support to its channel partners through the HP Managed Print Services program. The goal is to deliver:
- A Managed Environment that offers services and solutions focused on managed print services and maximizing performance and output.
- An Optimized Infrastructure to place the right print services in optimized locations to ensure appropriate print volume for each device at the lowest possible cost.
- Improved Workflow solutions that increase efficiencies in document management processes and practices.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601, M602 and M603 printer series
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551 series
- HP Scanjet Enterprise 8500FN1 Document Capture Workstation
No doubt, chatter about managed print services continues to grow louder. Photizo Group hosts managed print services conferences across the globe. And our fifth-annual MSPmentor 100 survey, launching in October 2011, will include a close look at managed print services adoption trends. Previous MSPmentor survey data suggests that only about 20 percent of top MSPs offer any form of managed print services.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.