Dell Takes Mobility Application Practice to the Enterprise
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) Services recently made another move into the mobility solutions area this week with the release of Enterprise Mobility Application solutions from Dell Services. The new offering aims to assist enterprises with designing mobility strategies and developing and managing custom applications that can enhance company productivity, employee satisfaction, and customer experience, according to the company. The company also released its Mobility Services Workshop to help customers assess their environments and design plans to meet the businesses' mobility needs. Here are the details.
According to the company, the portfolio was structured around Dell's accomplishments with its global customers in various industries. The portfolio includes mobility strategy consulting, multi-platform application development for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8, user experience, mobile business intelligence and mobile testing:
- Mobility Services Workshop — in-depth analysis and formal recommendations for applications and strategy that can be managed internally or implemented by Dell.
- Consulting — align mobility frameworks to the enterprise’s IT strategy, using Dell’s subject matter expertise, best practices knowledge and end-to-end point of view.
- Mobile application development and testing — provide custom applications and help ensure reliability across various platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 8. Developed in native code, using a cross-platform approach, or via an HTML 5 solution, depending on the customer’s specific needs.
- Application management and mobile device solutions — manage applications and devices, designed to ensure data security at every step of the process.
- User experience — gain research, user interface and visual design for multiple platforms, channels, smart phones and screen resolutions.
- Maintenance, support and deployment — tackle mobility oversight and governance, whether customer managed or as a Dell-managed service.
“Defining a strong mobility strategy is one of the critical requirements for our customers as they look at enterprise mobility solutions to enable organizational productivity, employee engagement and customer experience,” said Dell Services Applications and Business Process Outsourcing Executive Director Raman Sapra. “Dell has a unique ability to cover the entire mobile lifecycle, from providing the devices to offering the range of application services to help customers oversee their own mobile solutions or to manage it for them.”
To become a Dell partner, visit the company's website.