Distributors continue to ramp up their managed services strategies. The latest example: Arrow ECS (Enterprise Computing Solutions) is building out an Arrow Fusion Services strategy that includes professional services, consulting, cloud services, education and support. Within the cloud initiative, Arrow has introduced selected managed services for VARs and MSPs. Lee Fawsett, VP of Fusion Services, shared some updates with me yesterday.
I met Fawsett during an Arrow ECS open house near Atlanta, Ga., where the distributor showcased a new lab that VARs and MSPs can leverage for testing and proof-of-concept work. Most of my conversation with Fawsett focused on cloud computing, with a touch of managed services mixed in. So far, the Arrow Fusion Cloud Services include:
- Remote monitoring and IT as a service, including managed services. I suspect NetEnrich is assisting in this area, since Arrow and NetEnrich have a business relationship.
- Security as a Service and Software as a Service: Fawcett described how Arrow plans to line up vertical market SaaS applications for VARs. It sounds like the SaaS applications will be hosted in Terremark data centers.
- Infrastructure as a Service: Including public cloud services and managed server options.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Including offsite backup and mirror imaging to safeguard businesses during a disaster.
Competition LoomsStill, managed services seems to be a small piece of the broader Fusion Cloud Services strategy. In stark contrast:
- The Ingram Micro Seismic team has helped to transform more than 1,000 VARs into MSPs... though Ingram has also spent more time emphasizing cloud computing in recent months -- pointing partners to the Ingram Micro Cloud site, which launched around November 2010.
- Synnex recently expanded its managed services push, hosting Level Platforms' remote monitoring and management (RMM) software for VARs and MSPs. Synnex also entered managed services relationships with Axcient and Intronis (cloud storage), Reflexion (anti-spam and email security) and Symantec.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.