Alert Logic: Security as a Service, Cloud Security Sales Grow 46%
Alert Logic President and CEO Gray Hall attributes the company's growth to two main factors.
Alert Logic, the security as a service specialist, says Q3 revenues were $5.6 million, up 46 percent from Q3 2010. Translation: Demand for cloud-based security services continues to grow rapidly, though MSPmentor does not have a view into Alert Logic’s overall profitability metrics. Here’s some more background.
Alert Logic President and CEO Gray Hall attributes the company’s growth to two main factors.
- Demand for security and compliance solutions from the company’s cloud and hosting service provider channel programs
- A hot start for new partners, mainly SunGard Availability Services
“We believe this record sales quarter and accelerating growth validates our strategy,” Hall said in a prepared statement.
Alert Logic has made multiple moves in recent months. The company:
- inked a partnership with Datapipe that involves Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Integrated its vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection and log management solutions into the SunGard Availability Services solution suite.
- Named Rohit Gupta as VP of business development.
- Announced its Cloud Acceleration Partner Program (CAPP), all during Q3, 2011.
Still, it’s important to keep Alert Logic’s top-line revenue growth in perspective. The company’s net income and EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) remain undisclosed. Alert Logic is privately held and does not need to disclose such figures.