The file integrity monitoring space, like any other, has many players offering their own file monitoring solutions. So it's no surprise that after profiling StillSecure's file monitoring solution in mid-June I was quickly contacted by Alert Logic, a security SaaS provider that has focused on file monitoring for the last 4-5 years. Here's the upshot from Urvish Vashi, VP of marketing at Alert Logic.
"We get the importance of file integrity monitoring," said Vashi, who pointed out four key areas in which Alert Logic focuses when it comes to security:
- Having the right security products;
- Delivering the applications, fully-managed, on a day-to--day basis;
- Security intelligence for monitoring; and
- Flexibility to deliver the security service wherever a customer has set up its IT infrastructure.
Alert Logic's file integrity monitoring solution is based on OSSEC, an open source security detection system that performs log analysis, file integrity checking, policy monitoring, rootkit detection, real-time alerting and active response. Alert Logic focuses on the integration aspect.
Vashi explained: "Service providers have to find the right answer for their clients and they have to integrate the compliance solution into their offering. They have portals to manage their customers. Alert Logic puts tabs in those portals that lets end users view their system security. It flows more naturally into how they [service provides and end users] do business."
So Alert Logic has been focused on integrating its solutions with service providers for the last six years, and Vashi said you can expect more agreements with service providers to be announced within the next few months. Also look for these four announcements from Alert Logic in the near future:
- Alert Logic being re-certified as an approved scanning vendor;
- Expansion of Log Management -- one of the company's two core products;
- First half revenue figures in July; and
- Support for IPV-6 networks during Q3 of this fiscal year.
Sign up for MSPmentor’s Weekly Enewsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Follow us via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Check out more MSP voices at www.MSPtweet.com. Read our editorial disclosure here.