Riverbed Branches Out To Distributors; Global Resellers
Riverbed, known for its WAN optimization hardware, is launching new partnerships with US Distributors and networking with global resellers. Here are some quick details.
If you’re unfamiliar with Riverbed, here’s the deal: their products address data reduction, WAN optimization, latency issues, data recovery, and remote functionality. “Steelhead” appliances are their flagship product, aiming to “provide the highest level of WAN performance across the broadest range of applications.” For nitty gritty, you can, of course, check out their site.
On the channel front, Riverbed is now working with two big distributors: Avnet and Arrow Electronics. Why? Though some would say “why not?”, Riverbed actually did some hard research and felt those two distributors could deliver the best ‘extension of their sales force’ and provide their customers and partners with the specialized attention to Riverbed products that Riverbed themselves, would offer.
Channel Partner Program
Lastly, Riverbed is announcing some enhancements in their existing partner program. Top and select partners are privy to Riverbed’s inside channel sales team which can help regional partners focusing on the SME market. Top partners will have access to lead generation programs to drive new opportunities and secure future business. In addition to all that, inside channel sales mangers at Riverbed can help smaller VARs by being their account manager. More specifically:
- New Large Account Reseller (LAR) and Service Provider programs that enable Riverbed to drive deeper relationships in major accounts and provide unique benefits to those national and global partners.
- The Enterprise VAR program, which offers incremental training and sales incentives that make it even more attractive for enterprise VARs to grow their business with Riverbed solutions.
- An aggressive program for the SME market with the introduction of a dedicated sales team and lead generation program.
Riverbed is also introducing the following program specializations so that “reseller partners to act as an extension of the Riverbed support and professional services organizations”:
- RASP – Riverbed Authorized Support Partner
- RATP — Riverbed Authorized Training Partner
- RACP — Riverbed Authorized Consulting Partner
Of course, VARs can take advantage of working with Avnet and Arrow, as Riverbed looks to proliferate itself through the channel. And at the end of the day, Riverbed wants everyone to know they’re a deeply committed channel-driven company, just barely doing 10% direct business.