It’s Here: The Groundbreaking ZFS Storage Appliance
This post is dedicated to all the VARs spending too much time planning storage upgrades and migrations. A better and more cost-effective way to manage your storage has arrived: I’d like to formally introduce you to Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliance.
The ZFS offers a groundbreaking, easy way to manage and expand your storage environment at a lower cost, with more efficiency, better data integrity and higher performance when compared with EMC NAS offerings. Its architecture is built on cost-effective, high-performance components and a robust software stack, and requires little or no training to configure and administer thanks to an advanced set of management tools. It also includes the industry’s simplest and most comprehensive analytics environment, so you can troubleshoot and resolve issues fast, with the lowest possible investment of IT time. In fact, the management tools can save you more than a third in operating expenses vs. a comparable NetApp system.
In addition, hybrid storage pools (HSP) technology automatically and intelligently stores and migrates data to appropriate storage tiers based on usage, greatly benefiting virtualized environments. To top it all off, Oracle’s DTrace Analytics provides realtime statistics for throughput, capacity and utilization, enabling you to resolve storage bottlenecks twice as fast as EMC and ultimately reducing storage administration costs by as much as 36 percent. Yes, that was 36 percent.
You also may be interested in finding out that Oracle’s SUN ZFS Storage Appliances beat EMC and NetApp in 14 of 14 categories in the Storage Magazine NAS Quality Awards. This only helps us prove its superior technology, service and sales. Now that is something to write home about or, even better, learn more about.
Here are some fast facts about the ZFS Storage Appliance:
- With the support of Hybrid Columnar Compression technology for Sun ZFS Storage Appliances, customers using Oracle’s NAS systems to manage the lifecycle of data using in-database archiving for OLTP databases and data warehouses will be able to increase storage efficiency by 10x to 50x for most datasets, while boosting energy efficiency and reducing the storage footprint by 3x to 5x.
- Oracle models are 36 percent faster in administrative tasks, 36 percent faster to provision new storage, and 44 percent faster to monitor and troubleshoot issues.
- Users report up to 50 percent better compression of unstructured data with ZFS compression.
- Oracle Sun ZFS Storage Appliances have delivered high-performance results on all three benchmarks, SPC-1, SPC-2 and specSFS2008 NFS. EMC does not publish SPC-1 or SPC-2 results.
Be sure to check out the following resources to learn more about this revolutionary way to manage your storage environment:
- Executive Briefs, Customer Tools, Data Sheets
- Storage Knowledge Zones, Partner Resources and Assets
- Downloads, Documentation, White Papers, Simulator, 3D Demo
- Customer References
- Sun ZFS Appliance Monitor – iPhone Monitoring application for ZFS Storage Appliance
Worldwide A&C and Communications
Monthly guest blogs such as this one are part of The VAR Guy’s annual sponsorship. Read all of Oracle’s guest blogs here.