Fastest-growing Technology Companies
Who’s growing fastest in the high-tech world? The VAR Guy had a few hunches, but finally found out for sure when he read Business 2.0’s 2006 ranking of fast-growth firms. Sure, The VAR Guy is three months late with this list. But he still thinks you’re gonna give it a read.
Pick Six: Fastest-growing Tech Companies
6. Palomar Medical Technologies: Biz 2.0 says Palomar makes light-pulsing gear that zaps unwanted hair, age spots, and other skin blemishes. Sounds attractive. Each device costs $100,000. Hmmm. Wonder what the margin is on that? Can The VAR Guy offer it as a managed service?
5. ValueClick: Manages ad sales for roughly 18,000 Web sites. Feel free to send a few of those ads The VAR Guy’s way.
4. SanDisk: Memory cards, thumb drives … hard to forget what this brand does. But SanDisk’s one-year chart is all over the place. Welcome to commodity hardware, folks.
3. Apple: The VAR Guy had a PC in 2005. He started typing on a MacBook Pro in 2006. That’s becoming a familiar iTune for many PC users.
2. Red Hat: Hmmm. The VAR Guy sees a trend here. Apple and Red Hat near the top of the list, Microsoft nowhere to be seen.
1. Celgene: Biotech firm pioneered a drug for leprosy and multiple melanoma. Serious stuff. No sense in trying to joke about that one.
Check back tomorrow for The VAR Guy’s next Pick Six.