1. What Is the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition?
The MSPmentor 501 Global Edition is an annual ranking of the world's top 501 managed services providers (MSPs) across the globe. Find results here: http://www.mspmentor.net/top501.
2. What Is the MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition?
The MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition is an annual ranked list of the world's top 100 MSPs that have 10 or fewer employees.
3. What criteria do you use for the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition and MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition rankings?
Much like a decathlon, rankings are based on a range of criteria rather than one business metric. Ranking criteria includes:
- Annual recurring revenues
- Annual recurring revenues percentage growth (year over year)
- Annual recurring revenues dollar growth (year over year)
- Number of customer devices managed (PCs, servers, network devices, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
- Devices managed percentage growth (year over year)
- Devices managed numerical growth (year over year)
- Employee headcount
- Employee headcount percentage growth (year over year)
- Employee headcount actual number growth (year over year)
- Revenue per employee
- Devices managed per employee
4. How can I get my company listed on the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition and/or MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition?
The annual survey is open to all MSPs worldwide. The survey runs December through January. Watch for a survey link during those months at http://www.mspmentor.net/top501. Results are published each March. The results are based purely on submitted metrics.
5. How come large MSPs such as AT&T, Dell Managed Services, IBM Managed Services and other big companies are not listed on the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition?
MSPs must participate in our annual survey (see Number 4 above) for consideration. Not all MSPs choose to participate.
6. My company wants to participate in the survey but we are publicly held and we are not permitted to disclose financial information for our MSP business division. What should I do?
For that specific scenario we are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement to ensure your participation. Financial information is required for us to compile our list results, but we do not publish participants' specific revenue figures or other financial results.
7. How many MSPs participate in the annual survey which generates the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition and MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition lists?
We typically receive close to 2,000 inquiries from MSPs worldwide.
8. What was the MSPmentor 100 list?
The original MSPmentor 100 list was published each February from 2008 through 2012. In February 2013 we shifted to the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition and MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition to reflect that fact that the MSP industry has grown and our audience has grown.
9. Do you have a downloadable report or PDF that I can read offline?
Yes. We will soon be posting a PDF report of the The MSPmentor 501 Global Edition 2015, packed with data and trends about the IT services and MSP industry. It will also feature the complete MSPmentor 501 list.
10. What other lists and research do you offer? How can my company participate?
Our research and lists include:
- Top 100 Cloud Services Providers (Talkin' Cloud 100): Ranking the world's top 100 cloud services providers, cloud services aggregators, cloud services brokerages. Survey each spring with results in Q2. Participate using this link: http://www.talkincloud.com/tc100
- The MSPmentor 501 Global Edition: Ranking the world's top 501 MSPs. Survey each December through January. Watch for a survey link during those months at http://www.mspmentor.net/top501. Results each March. Survey is open to all MSPs worldwide.
- The MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition: Ranking the world's top 100 MSPs that have 10 or fewer employees. Simply participate in the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition survey for consideration.
- MSPmentor 200 North America Edition, MSPmentor 50 EMEA Edition, MSPmentor 25 AANZ (Asia, Australia, New Zealand Edition): Participate in the MSPmentor 501 Global Edition survey for consideration.
- MSPmentor 250: Annual Rolodex listing the world's most influential MSP executives, entrepreneurs and experts. Includes Locked in the NOC -- a list of all-time executives you'd lock in your office to leverage their expertise forever. Find more information about the most recent survey here: http://mspmentor.net/mspmentor-250/2014.
- The VAR Guy's Top 100 Channel Events: A listing of top conferences for VARs, MSPs and CSPs. Visit http://www.thevarguy.com/events for listings and the calendar.
10. Do you have a press release or logo to help my company promote its MSPmentor 501 Global and/or MSPmentor 100 Small Business Edition ranking?
Yes. Press releases and logos will be emailed to our ranked companies.
11. My company is seeking sponsorship, advertising and lead generation information. Who can help me?
For U.S. east coast technology companies please contact Kelly Danzinger, Kelly.Danzinger [at] penton.com. For U.S. west coast technology companies please contact Brad Rolfe, Brad.Rolfe [at] penton.com. For all other inquires please contact our Penton Technology Group Director of Sales, Debbie Kane, Debbie.Kane [at] penton.com.
12. I still have additional questions. Where can I find answers?
Thanks for your readership. Please post a comment containing your question. We'll reply and potentially update the FAQ accordingly.