I hinted earlier this month that ADTRAN, which competes with Cisco Systems on some fronts, would be making aggressive moves into the managed services market. An official release about the managed services strategy surfaced today, with ADTRAN announcing n-Command MSP, a remote monitoring and management tool for VARs.
According to an ADTRAN press release, the tool allows managed service providers to:
- view and report current and historical Voice over IP (VoIP) performance statistics
- automate individual or network-wide firmware upgrades and configuration backups
- simplify installation and turn up
- improve asset tracking and inventory management
- monitor and report on the overall health of the network by location or customer
Also, keep an eye on ADTRAN's work with Interlink. The duo has a value-added distribution relationship, and I expect Interlink to eventually offer a managed services framework that competes -- in some ways -- with Ingram Micro Seismic.
All this activity should give MSPs peace of mind: If the managed services market was cooling off, new vendors like ADTRAN and SMC Networks wouldn't be launching MSP-oriented tools.
MSPmentor is updated multiple times daily. Don’t miss a single post. Subscribe to our Enewsletter, RSS and Twitter feeds.