The new SolarWinds MSP Manager mobile app is available for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and can use push notifications to communicate alerts to wearable devices, like Apple Watch.
Users can manage functions like support tickets, customer information, appointment setting, physical service route mapping, technician time tracking and photo documentation.
“We understand the strong demand for today’s service provider to be responsive to their customers 24/7,” Bryan Zimmerman, senior product manager at SolarWinds MSP, said in a statement. “That’s why we have redesigned our mobile experience from the ground up to help technicians be more efficient when they’re on the go.”
“Offering help desk, service management, and billing in a single application helps improve customer service, maximizes technician’s time, and ultimately helps me with my bottom line,” he said.
Product highlights include:
- Easy creation and management of tickets
- Tracking of technician time, even when working multiple tickets
- Viewing of device and system information, including serial numbers, software licenses, passwords and ticket histories
- Viewing of standard procedures from a centralized database
- Adding of photo documentation to notes and tickets, like photos of error messages or complicated wiring configurations
- Tracking of service appointments and mapping of most efficient routes to customer locations
- Efficient exporting of invoicing information.
MSP Manager is also integrated with the SolarWinds MSP remote monitoring and management platform.
“Even with the best remote management tools, technicians still need to spend time at client locations providing hands-on support,” the product website states. “To be effective in the field, techs need fast access to all the knowledge and information available in their help desk and billing system.”
Send tips and news to [email protected].