Broomfield, Colorado-based Internet security solutions provider Webroot today unveiled a self-learning intelligence network as part of the most recent version of its SecureAnywhere cyber threat protection portfolio.
The new Webroot Intelligence Network (WIN) is a cloud-based security analytics platform that is designed to provide SecureAnywhere users with real-time Internet protection.
Webroot noted WIN continuously scans the Internet for cyber threats and leverages real-time data from 30 million users worldwide.
"Our latest release brings additional security enhancements for our customers and improves the user experience with our products," Timur Kovalev, Webroot's senior director of client technology, told MSPmentor. "This release continues to deliver on our value proposition of superior security through cloud intelligence without the performance hit that is synonymous with traditional signature-based antivirus engines."
WIN's threat intelligence is available to Webroot managed service provider (MSP) partners through the company's BrightCloud Security Services.
Webroot adds SecureAnywhere features
In addition to WIN, Webroot announced several SecureAnywhere features, including:
- Advanced journaling and rollback capabilities -- Kovalev noted Webroot has optimized the amount of hard drive space that journaling requires on a user's device, which helps reduce the need to repair or replace infected devices.
- Potentially unwanted application (PUA) and webcam protection -- Kovalev said Webroot analyzes 2 million PUAs per month and "maintains a massive backend automation network that collects application samples submitted by customers and from security industry file feeds."
- 10-license family pack -- Webroot is now offering a 10-license family pack "to address the increasing number of Internet-connected devices."
"Webroot is constantly updating and enhancing the features of its security solutions. We have taken every facet of Internet protection and devised a smarter way of doing it," Mike Malloy, Webroot's executive vice president of products and strategy, said in a prepared statement.
The Webroot SecureAnywhere portfolio includes six offerings:
- SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
- SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus
- SecureAnywhere Complete
- SecureAnywhere Complete -- Family Pack
- SecureWeb for Android
- SecureWeb for iOS
Webroot added existing customers can receive the new version of SecureAnywhere for free.