1. The Product/Solution: Barracuda Networks Debuts New Security Capabilities, Anti-Phishing Protection for Email
The protection software, which is available now, is available in two flavors. Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Email Security Edition includes both anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection Capabilities, and is available for $1.70 per user, per month. Barracuda Email Security Service includes anti-phishing software for $0.90 per user, per month, with the option to add Advanced Threat Detection for $1.30 per user, per month.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: Barracuda partners who provide the company’s email security solutions to customers now have the option to add additional monthly revenue services to their existing email protection solutions. Both new services are also expected to better protect Barracuda customers from falling victim to phishing and other targeted attacks, which are becoming more commonplace, according to the company.
2. The Product/Solution: Veeam Announces Free Migration Service for Microsoft Azure
Veeam Software rolled out its Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure feature as a free preview this week, which allows customers to automatically migrate their on-premises workloads to the cloud while simultaneously converting them to virtual workloads, the company announced.
Veeam Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure is available now as a pre-configured appliance in the Azure marketplace. The solution is compatible with Veeam Backup & Replication as well as Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE and Veeam Backup Free Edition to Microsoft Azure. The company said it plans to integrate the feature into future version of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: By providing additional backup and migration capabilities to its existing offerings, Veeam is increasing the value of its solutions without raising the cost, which will allow channel partners to more effectively market Veeam services to their customers.
3. The Product/Solution: Aruba Digital Workspace Solutions Aim to Prepare Enterprise for IoT Adoption
Aruba Networks' latest suite of integrated networking software and hardware solutions debuted this month at the Aruba Partner Summit, where the company stressed the importance of helping enterprise customers to prepare for advanced BYOD adoption and IoT connectivity.
Straight from the press release, the new portfolio includes:
- Aruba Clarity, a new software module for Aruba AirWave network management designed to predict and resolve connectivity problems before they occur.
- Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager 6.6, which allows security teams to creation policies designed to adapt to BYOD growth and IoT adoption through device profiling, multi-factor authentication and security forensics.
- Aruba 3810 Switch Series is expected to allow customers to deliver faster data rates and future-proof their network infrastructure investments against high-capacity wireless technologies.
Why It’s Good for the Channel: While the concept of a digital workspace is still emerging in the enterprise space, Aruba said its new portfolio is expected to help channel partners meet increasing demands for mobile-centric offerings as more businesses begin to transition from traditional wired networking solutions to IoT-ready processes.