After attending Datto Partner Conference 2013, the MSPmentor team is now preparing for a New England Road Trip before heading to GFI Software's partner conference in Las Vegas. But before we get back on the road, here are seven blogs and managed services provider (MSP) news stories for the week ending Sept. 13, 2013.
7. State of Continuum: How is CEO Michael George feeling about the MSP software and NOC provider's business? We hope to have first-hand views from George and the Continuum team within a few days.
6. Key Hire: Former HEROware President Rob Ryan has joined TeamLogic IT as director of sales. Ryan will be responsible for supporting TeamLogic IT franchise owners on day-to-day sales activities, sales strategy and business growth opportunities.
5. Congrats: Howard County Government has named Chris Merdon as its new CIO. Merdon and I grew up in the same town and went to high school together. Merdon previously was director of government sales at CSC and senior VP at Xerox -- where he drove a major focus on government sales.
4. Settling In: N-able Senior VP Mike Cullen and AVG Technologies Channel Chief Marco La Vecchia both attended Datto's conference and each executive was upbeat. SolarWinds (SWI) recently acquired N-able. AVG recently acquired Level Platforms and hired La Vecchia away from N-able.
3. Are You A VIP?: Before you answer keep your eyes on ConnectWise IT Nation. Potential details soon.
2. More M&A: Another MSP software company is set to be acquired. And the buyer also works within the MSP market, we've heard. Assuming the rumors are true, a deal could be announced as soon as Sept. 16. As soon as we confirm some facts we'll be back with an update.
1. Shout Out: MSPmentor has a sister business division, Penton Technology, with offices in Fort Collins, Colorado. I'd like to wish all team members a safe, rapid recovery amid the current Colorado floods.
That's all for now. Thanks for your ongoing readership.