A big chunk of the IT channel is preparing to attend Autotask Community Live, LabTech Automation Nation and Cisco Partner Summit. But the gatherings don't end there. The IBM MSP Summit and Level Platforms MSP Community Summit also are around the corner. But before MSPmentor attends and covers many of those events, here are seven managed services provider (MSP) news stories and blogs we didn't have a chance to write for the week ending May 31, 2013.
7. Sold Out: Level Platforms' MSP conference (June 17-19) is sold out and expecting more than 500 attendees, according to Dan Wensley, VP of partner development and marketing. Also, expect plenty of updates on Managed Workplace 2013, the company's flagship remote monitoring and management (RMM) software platform.
6. First Contact: It sounds like one or more N-able executives will attend Autotask Community Live (Scottsdale, Ariz., June 2-4). The appearance comes about a week after SolarWinds finalized the $120 million buyout of N-able. It will be interesting to hear what questions, if any, N-able partners ask the software company...
5. Integration: LabTech Software is touting its integration with Autotask -- and it sounds like some key developments with Tigerpaw Software also are moving forward. Yes, ConnectWise has an investment LabTech. But LabTech CEO Matt Nachtrab is trying to accelerate "coopetition" in the MSP software market. MSPmentor has the deeper details. Stay tuned.
4. Revenue Growth: Speaking of LabTech, we've heard that their Q1 2013 revenues jumped 59 percent vs. Q1 2012. Impressive.
3. More Managed Print Services Please: It looks like Toni Clayton-Hine, VP, Global Marketing & Value Proposition, Xerox Corp., is confirmed for the Channel Chief Power Panel at ChannelCon (formerly CompTIA Breakaway, July 29-31, Orlando). Clayton-Hine was the architect behind UBM Channel's IPED initiative before joining CA Technologies. More recently she's joined Xerox. Yes, the printer giant has a partner program. But Clayton-Hine brings a deep skill set to the company. And perhaps now, Xerox will spend far more time talking about managed print services for channel partners -- MSPs.
2. Killer Channel Mobile App: It may be here. More details soon.
1. Next Stop: I'm filing this before arriving at Autotask Community Live. I'll be at the conference Monday and most of Tuesday if you'd like to grab my ear. Just private tweet my Twitter account (@JoePanettieri).
PS: Sending out birthday wishes to my late, great brother in law. Still an influence to my three sons.