At first glance, Google Apps' biggest potential competitor in the online application world is Microsoft.
But another software as a service provider, named Zoho, continues to generate strong buzz in the Web 2.0 world. In addition to offering some basic online applications for word processing and spreadsheets, Zoho has developed online HR, CRM, reporting, Web conferencing and other business-oriented applications.
I've met the Zoho team a few times at various open source events. I think they've got a good thing going. And yes, they're looking for partners and resellers.
Zoho's latest offering is Zoho People, a human resources application suite that manages organizational charts, recruiting and hiring, expense reports.
On the partner front, Zoho is pursuing:
- Resellers for Zoho CRM with experience and expertise in consulting, implementing and supporting CRM projects
- Resellers for Zoho Projects, Meeting and Zoho Business (an integrated suite of business applications)
- API Integration for Zoho Writer, Sheet, Show, Planner, Creator and Meeting
- Strategic Alliances for broadly defined strategic partners
- Technology Partners to provide integrated value added capabilities for Zoho services