Even seasoned professionals can use a little help once in awhile. And when it comes to selling enterprises on a new cloud-based communications service, there can be a certain level of challenge related to expounding on the benefits and closing the sale. That's where the Cloud Communications Alliance is stepping in.
The CCA, which is an industry peer association dedicated to the advancement of cloud communications technologies, has released a how-to guide written to help cloud communications providers get a handle on how to sell their services to the enterprise. The nine-page ebook, titled, "Starting the Conversation: Effectively Selling Cloud Communications to Enterprises," is intended to provide some insight into strategies readers can employ to gain that foothold in the corporate world that is still in the early stages of cloud adoption.
According to the CCA, the how-to guide addresses several important topics, including:
- Giving enterprises a reason to buy cloud communications solutions—particularly enterprises that may be heavily invested in traditional telecommunications technology.
- Areas of opportunity for providers, including specific vertical markets, "partial" and "transitional" cloud environments, within premise-based systems, mobile and more.
- How to appeal to customers' basic needs and make them see how cloud communications solutions can help them.
- The pros and cons of owning vs. renting.
- The benefits of capex over opex.
It's a lot to cram into nine pages of content, so it really seems to be meant as an overview to get cloud communications providers thinking about their businesses and how they can improve their sales. No matter what stage you are in your own cloud businesses, improving sales is probably something you already have on your to-do list, so even if you're not in the cloud communications services space, it may be worth taking a look at the CCA guide. It's a quick read, anyway.
"There's no doubt the cloud communications market is growing, but it could be growing so much more. We feel there's a tremendous opportunity for providers to take advantage of this growth, but it may require a shift in the way that these organizations do business," said Joseph Marion, president of the CCA, in a prepared statement. "By referring to the strategies outlined in this how-to guide, cloud communications providers will be better equipped to accelerate their sales growth within enterprises."
To download the entire guide, point your browser at the CCA website.