ComputerSupport.com has unveiled a managed cloud offering that gives clients "fast, flexible access" via Amazon (AMZN) Web Services (AWS). In using AWS, ComputerSupport.com is looking to provide customers with a cloud services and cloud management.
The company is a channel player that has provided customers with IT services since 2006, and now is ready to jump into the AWS game. Through AWS, it will offer customers a "complete set of cloud computing services" to give them an alternative to customers buying and managing their own IT infrastructure. According to ComputerSupport.com, it's a great fit for customers that are looking for scalable, redundant and on-demand compute and storage services.
"We are thrilled to work with AWS to offer more flexibility to customers in the new, cloud-driven world and to further enhance our customers' experience with ComputerSupport.com," said Kirill Bensonoff, ComputerSupport.com's founder, in a prepared statement.
Here's what ComputerSupport.com is promising its customers:
- Design and diagram a redundant, highly available, scalable and cost-efficient cloud scenario.
- Creation of a pilot proof of concept, and then migration of workloads into the cloud, with no downtime.
- Continuous monitoring of cloud deployment using CloudWatch and agent-based tools.
- Fast response to critical issues and support questions—ComputerSupport.com promises response in less than 30 minutes 24/7.
- Budget planning.
- Help to use their Reserved Instances and other resources most efficiently to optimize costs.
- Billing reports provided monthly.
The offerings look like a good option for IT solutions providers to make the shift from more traditional IT professional services to the cloud. Using AWS makes it a simpler transition, with little to no startup costs. And what ComputerSupport.com is doing is something other solutions providers can also do in building their cloud lines of business.