WFT Cloud, a fully-owned subsidiary of Wharfedale Technologies Inc. (WFT), and VCE, have brought a new Vblock on-premise utility-based private cloud solution to market for customers looking to accelerate SAP customer cloud adoption. VCE is a the converged cloud joint venture of Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel.
WFT designed the solution to provide customers deploying or migrating SAP applications to a private cloud with additional cost savings, as well as a higher return on investment (ROI), the company said.
Customers who are not willing to move data to an off-premise location or who are in the process of replacing legacy hardware in their data center will find this product most appealing, a company spokesperson said.
The company said the new Vblock-based private cloud solution includes the following features for customers:
- No CapEx -- WFT provides the Vblock Cloud Infrastructure at customer premises so there is no upfront capital investment cost for SAP customers. WFT will design, procure and manage the Vblock Private Cloud Infrastructure for SAP applications at customer premises.
- Secure and compliant private cloud at customer premises -- The cloud infrastructure for SAP will reside inside the customer's data center
- Design and build SAP private cloud -- For SAP customers, the service includes assessment, design, and build of SAP private cloud infrastructure.
- Certified SAP application migration -- For existing SAP customers, the service covers certified technical migration of SAP systems to private cloud infrastructure as well as cross-platform (OSDB) migration and unicode conversion.
- Designed for production and non-production landscape on premise -- Designed to accommodate customers' production and non-production landscapes software logistics, training and testing needs.
- Cloud enabled and utility billing -- Designed to accommodate varying resource requirements on demand. Customers only pay for resource usage.
- Infrastructure and basis operations management -- WFT provides infrastructure and basis operations management services as a part of the contract.
- FAST landscape provisioning -- Fast on-demand SAP Systems Landscape Provisioning in minutes, not weeks, using WFT's SAP Cloud Image Factory (SCIF).
- Data Protection -- Data protection solutions tailored to customer SLAs and integrated to existing customer data protection solutions.
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) -- Optional disaster recovery in private cloud or in WFT Cloud.
With regards to DRaaS, the company's spokesperson told Talkin' Cloud that the "WFTCloud offers multiple replication options for disaster recovery, depending on the customer infrastructure and the application recovery requirements.
The spokesperson suggested that customers may want to go with WTFCloud because a "customer's private cloud typically does not have this level of flexibility."
Follow CJ Arlotta on Twitter @cjarlotta for further updates on the story above