Security and storage solutions provider Barracuda Networks Inc. (CUDA) has launched a new backup as a service (BaaS) offering through its resellers to provide customers with an alternate method of purchasing Barracuda Backup.
According to the company, the new BaaS offering allows reseller partners to offer an annual service to customers who are looking to purchase Barracuda Backup 190 or 390. The purchase of the annual service includes appliance, energize updates, instant replacement and unlimited cloud storage.
Resellers who provide managed backup services to their customers will be able to provide an annnual billing plan to customers, the company said.
Barracuda said the BaaS subscription includes the following features:
- Local appliance for backup.
- Site license for Barracuda software required to backup and recover data.
- Unlimited cloud storage -- flat-rate pricing for Barracuda Backup cloud storage (up to the limit of the Barracuda appliance).
- 24/7 phone and email support.
- Next business day shipment of replacement in the event of a hardware failure.
- New appliance (same model) replacements for units that are four years old and continually under a service contract.
- Access to Cloud LiveBoot for offsite recovery of VMware virtualized servers
Barracuda Storage General Manager Rod Mathews said in a statement that BaaS "is a simple and more cost-effective way for customers to meet their backup needs."
"The BaaS program provides customers additional flexibility to purchase Barracuda Backup in the way that better suits their needs, from either their operational or capital budgets," he said.
To become a Barracuda partner, visit the company's website for partner program details.