ConnectWise has invested in BizDox, a visual documentation company that intends to disrupt Microsoft (MSFT) Visio and others. CEO Arnie Bellini shared the news and described next moves to 2,400 attendees at IT Nation 2013. Here's a recap.
The biggest themes:
- Helping partners to document and leverage best practices.
- ConnectWise user interface and mobile enhancements entering testing now or soon.
- ConnectWise cloud gaining increased redundancy.
- A major shift to user-based billing and pricing coming in late 2014.
Now, the minute by minute update...
- ConnectWise's mission is partner success.
- A pyramid model that builds toward success includes brst practices, expert system software, support, education. consulting and community.
- "I don't consider us a software company. We're a skills-building company for partners"
- "My vocation is to try to make your dreams come true."
- Bigger picture: Bellini is recounting his life-long dream to swim the English Channel. He failed on his first attempt two years ago. And was crushed.
- During IT Nation last year, Jim Collins told him to work smarter not harder on the journey.
- Bellini pursued best practices to find success in his swim, interviewing experts about how to stay completely focused for the 16-hour swim.
- "I had to overcome my doubts, fears and insecurities. Every stroke, your brain is telling you 'get out of the water; what are you doing here?"
- The swim allowed him to face fears and insecurities.
- You need encouragement to succeed -- which is now the key theme of his keynote.
Success is Not a Straight Line
- Bellini talks about course corrections and the 20 Mile March theme from last year's keynote.
- He's shifting the keynote to best practices -- across marketing, sales and more.
- ConnectWise has identified more than 200 KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that will be available through ConnectWise Dashboards. They will be available in Q1 2014.
- ConnectWise is adding a report writer -- "because we heard you." Bellini conceded that the report writer should have arrived sooner. Watch for it in Q1 2014.
- More updates coming.
How ConnectWise Can Help MSPs With Growth
- It's not just about integration across ConnectWise, LabTech and Quosal. It's about innovation.
- It sounds like ConnectWise will share details about a new software development kit and APIs at the conference. The message: We'll continue to integrate with third parties.
- Bellini demonstrated minor and major user interface changes. It sounds like they'll roll out in 2014. "It's browser based, finger friendly and, we think, pretty awesome."
- "Yes we're going to the browser."
- But the ConnectWise client is also being overhauled to consume one-fifth of the memory it currently requires. It will be in beta in December.
- The current 32-bit client is limited to four tabs but ConnectWise will remove that limit in the December beta.
- Mobile: Bellini showed of a sales dashboard app running on his iPhone. "It's incredibly useful for sales people in the field." My spin: ConnectWise vs. Salesforce.com in the mobile market.
- 70 percent of new partners are going cloud.
- Delivering 9.9999% uptime. Redundancy on Europe and Australia. That redundancy is coming to North America at the end of this year. It's a hot, redundant cloud, he asserted.
- Side note: ConnectWise has six attendees at Amazon AWS re:Invent 2013 conference this week in Las Vegas.
- Watch for Partner Kits http://www.connectwise.com/partnerkits to help drive business.
- ConnectWise continues to promote consulting and certifications that blanket third-party hardware, software and services.
- ConnectWise is packaging its APIs into a software development kit -- to deliver more integrations in less time. "We've made it simple."
- ConnectWise is seeing a shift to user-centric management where the users are talking to cloud applications. Billing by user and deploying by user -- the goal is to deliver that by Q3 2014.
- Modern Office Communiucator: What if you could communicate with every customer or user within your customers base? It's coming...
- ConnectWise's latest investment is BizDox, a visual documentation company.
- Bellini did not hype the deal. Instead, he positioned it as a sales tool that nicely tucks into the Modern Office Suite for total business management.
For complete IT Nation 2013 coverage, check out www.MSPmentor.net/ITNation2013.