Does your MSP business use social media channels to stay in touch with customers? If not, it could be worth examining the possibility as a marketing option for your MSP.
Actively maintaining a company blog and posting regular updates to Facebook and Twitter can contribute to your company’s image, demonstrating the fact that you are modern, proactive business with a continual interest in industry developments. Furthermore, social media can contribute to your sales strategy, subtly but constantly alerting customers to new products and services.
There’s an additional benefit too: maintaining a constant flow of new content on your website will give the search engines plenty of new “hooks” into the site—hopefully leading to more organic traffic from potential customers and contributing to your SEO strategy.
What to Post
If you’re at a loss to think of what you could blog or post about, just consider the following possibilities:
- News of significant products (particularly new Apple products or versions of Windows!)
- Bulletins about key IT news, such as virus outbreaks or high-profile system outages.
- Case studies featuring customer systems.
- Reviews of new software.
- Details of new services you offer.
These are just a few simple ideas, which alone should create plenty of ideas for blog posts. You can then draw attention to them with Facebook updates or Twitter tweets.
The great thing here is that each post can lead to a “call to action.” A post about a high-profile virus outbreak could be used to promote an IT security audit service or a new, hosted Internet security product. Similarly, a customer case study could pique the interest of other customers, keen to get their hands on new functionality that sounds appealing.
If producing this kind of social content is something you can find difficult, you’ll find an army of freelance writers happy to produce it for you.
How to Engage Customers
Obviously, the success of this type of engagement marketing depends on ensuring that your customers see, read and engage with the content you provide. Here are a few tips to increase your social networking visibility:
- Mention your online activities when you speak to customers. When you sign up new MSP customers, encourage them to follow you on Twitter and Facebook, telling them that you frequently post information and updates that will be useful to them.
- Make sure links to your blog and social media feeds are in your email signature.
- If you post something you know will be of interest to some or all of your customers, don’t be afraid to send an email linking to it.
- If people interact with your posts and tweets, make sure you reply and engage with them to keep the conversation going.
The more consistently you maintain your social media efforts, the more familiar your customers will become with using it to interface with your business. It can soon become an almost free way of marketing new services to your existing customer base.
GFI MAX offers free marketing materials, sales tips and advice to all MAX customers with our Building Blocks to Managed Services program, designed specifically to help you sell your services. To learn how you can grow revenues, scale your business and of course offer a great service to your customers just sign up for a free trial and ask your account manager about ‘Building Blocks’ to find out more!
Guest blogs such as this one are published monthly, and are part of The VAR Guy's annual platinum sponsorship.