CenturyLink's Savvis, which provides cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions, is taking on data in a big way. The company introduced Savvis Big Data Solutions, which it calls "a full suite of services designed to help organizations glean the most value from their data."
But the crux of the launch is that the Big Data services are cloud-based and include Savvis' managed services for Cloudera and MapR platforms, both of which are based on Apache Hadoop. The new suite of cloud services is meant to provide enterprises and government agencies and departments with access to the compute, storage and high-bandwidth network capabilities they require for analytics platforms.
"Businesses wanting to transform their operations and customer experiences through powerful, new analytics capabilities need a robust IT foundation," said Steve Garrou, vice president of Global Solutions Management at Savvis, in a prepared statement. "Savvis Big Data Solutions helps organizations maximize value from their analytics investments through scalable, secure infrastructure services that deliver faster time to market for competing in today's dynamic marketplace."
Savvis Big Data Solutions are fully hosted and cloud-based hardware and software services that were designed to provide:
- Enterprise-grade IaaS capabilities, including scalable compute and storage platforms, software and security services.
- Secure, high-bandwidth network connectivity for accessing, integrating and processing massive amounts of data.
- Software licensing and operations management for Cloudera and MapR distributions of Apache Hadoop, including configuration, monitoring, upgrades and security.
- Big Data planning and implementation services, including environment design, security planning and project management.
- Consulting services for customer business case development.