The Toronto-based cloud backup and disaster recovery (BDR) solutions provider said its new release, Asigra Cloud Backup Version 13, allows users to automatically protect their Office 365 data at all times and recover data beyond documents and spreadsheets from Exchange Online, SharePoint workspaces and OneDrive repositories.
What else should managed service providers (MSPs) expect from Asigra Cloud Backup Version 13? Here's a closer look at some of its features:
- Docker container backup and recovery – Asigra Cloud Backup now provides data recovery for information stored in Docker environments.
- Linear Tape File System (LTFS) integration – Version 13 offers automated parking of old backup data to LTFS tape via the Asigra BLM Archiver.
- Mobile device geo-location and remote wipe – The new release's integrated geo-location and remote wipe capabilities are designed to help enterprises find the location of lost or stolen devices from the Asigra DS-NOC with a Google Maps interface and wipe data remotely if necessary.
- Support for open infrastructure options – Version 13 includes support for open infrastructure options such as FreeBSD on ZFS and CentOS that are running on commodity hardware servers and storage.
- VMware vSphere replication – Version 13's VMware vSphere replication is designed to eliminate the need for third-party virtual machine (VM) replication solutions.
Asigra also noted that the new release delivers cloud-based protection for all corporate data sources and gives MSPs a recurring revenue stream.
"[The new release] enables service providers to increase monthly recurring revenue by protecting more data sources and more customers while maintaining control over their costs and complexity," William Kulju, Asigra's senior product marketing manager, told MSPmentor.
Asigra Cloud Backup Version 13 is now available, and a 14-day free trial can be downloaded here.