SolarWinds (SWI) is buying N-able Technologies for $120 million cash. Here's MSPmentor's complete news analysis (eight exclusive stories) covering the impact for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud computing investors, remote monitoring and management (RMM) software companies, and small business technology customers. For MSPs, this is everything you need to know about the SolarWinds/N-able deal.
Our analysis includes:
1. The News Announcement: SolarWinds buys N-able for $120 million. Complete Story: SolarWinds Acquires RMM Provider N-able for $120 Million.
2. Impact for RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) Software Providers: What's next for SolarWinds and N-able rivals like ConnectWise/LabTech, Continuum, GFI Software, Kaseya, Level Platforms, LogMeIn and Dell's PacketTrap business. Who might be looking to sell. Complete Story: N-able Sold; Who's Next? State of the MSP, RMM Software Market.
3. SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson Explains the Deal: In an analyst call, Thompson asserts that N-able leads the fragmented market for RMM software. Complete Story: SolarWinds CEO Thompson: N-able Leads the Framented RMM Market.
4. N-able CEO Gavin Garbutt -- The Deal Maker: Garbutt will retire after SolarWinds completes the N-able buyout. So what will MSPmentor miss about Garbutt's leadership in the MSP market? Complete Story: SolarWinds and N-able: Five Reasons I'll Miss Gavin Garbutt.
5. N-able's New Leader: JP Jauvin will become GM of N-able and lead the company under SolarWinds' ownership. So who is Jauvin? Complete Story: SolarWinds Buys N-able: JP Jauvin's Biggest Challenge Yet.
6. Seven Big Questions about the SolarWinds/N-able Deal: Initially, MSPmentor worried that SolarWinds would abandon N-able's on-premises software. Garbutt later assured us N-able would continue to offer on-premises and cloud options for MSPs. Complete Story: SolarWinds Buys N-able: 7 Big Questions for MSPs
7. N-able's On-premises vs. Cloud Strategy: Garbutt offers an update plus his views on the SolarWinds/N-able deal. Complete Story: SolarWinds Buys N-able: MSP On-premises vs. Cloud Update
8. Are MSP Software Valuations Rising or Falling?: SolarWinds paid 5X annual revenues for N-able. A few years ago, CA Technologies paid 10X revenues for Nimsoft. Does that mean MSP software valuations are falling? Complete Story: SolarWinds Buys N-able: Are MSP Software Valuations Rising or Falling?
9. BONUS: Explaining the SolarWinds/N-able Deal to Investors: SolarWinds stock (SWI) fell 14 percent on the deal. But the real challenge involves explaining N-able's target market and value to shareholders. Complete Story from Talkin' Cloud: SolarWinds Buys N-able: Will SWI Investors Remain Patient?
That's all for now...